The Property Development Assessment compiles a power of information, analysis and data into a simple to read report summarised as:
- Recommendations. Recommended way forward given the four constraints listed above and how they uniquely apply to your site.
- Town Planning Assessment. Summary of pertinent planning information regarding your site.
- Project Feasibility. This is a high level feasibility study for your project that use sales and build data. We consult with our builders and sub-contractors to ensure the construction estimates are accurate.
- Land Use Plans. This gives you a visual representation of our recommendations.
- Documentation. Important documentation including Title, Copy of Plan and Schedules/Neighbourhood Character docs where appropriate.
- Conclusion. The report concludes with a recommendation that your proposed development can proceed with a level of confidence that is:
- Excellent - Very likely to gain a planning permit from Council for development
- Good - Likely to gain a planning permit as long as identified risks are mitigated
- Marginal - Likely to be rejected for a planning permit
We regularly get asked by clients wanting to subdivide and develop their property:
“Is this project worth proceeding with, or are we just wasting our time”?
We recommend undertaking a Property Development Assessment as part of Step 2 that helps you identify whether your project has an Excellent, Good or Marginal opportunity to proceed.
The Property Development Assessment takes place at the commencement of a project - before you spend time and money on plans and drawings. Following our process, you will have completed an Express Assess on your site as part of Step 1, as this helps to ascertain the feasibility before launching into the full assessment. If you have purchased an Express Assess on your site, we provide you with a $99 discount on your Property Development Assessment.
The Step 2 Property Development Assessment takes into account the following factors of your proposed development:
- What type of development are you wanting to achieve?
- What is legally on Title that can be developed?
- Are there any encumbrances, covenants or caveats that might pose a problem?
- What does the Copy of Plan (of Subdivision) reveal about the subject site?
- What are the dimensions of the subject site boundaries?
- What orientation is the site and how might this factor into a proposed design?
- Are there any easements?
- What are the State and Local Planning Policies/Overlays that apply to the subject site?
- Has the local council identified any Neighbourhood Character guidelines that may be pertinent?
- Has the local council identified certain ‘zones’ that prefer the proposed development?
- Are services (electricity, plumbing, gas) located nearby or will extensions be required?
- Will other site assets (power lines, drain holes, fire hydrants etc) cause potential crossover issues?
- Where is/are the existing building/s located (if relevant)?
- What is the slope of the land?
- Presence of any significant trees or other features?
- Any potential planning issues with adjacent buildings?
- Does the building envelope support the potential development?
- Any precedent for development/subdivision in the neighbourhood?
A key feature of the Property Development Assessment is the feasibility and profitability analysis that is included with every assessment we complete.
Our PDA includes:
- Valuation Report. This report will provide you with an automated valuation of your existing property based on comparable sales in the last 6 months. This is the same system used by many brokers and lending institutions.
- Market Analysis. This report will provide you with a market analysis of the future dwellings you propose to build based on comparable sales in the last 6 months within a 1km radius.
- Rental Analysis. This report will provide you with the rentals achieved within the last 6 months of comparable properties to the dwellings you are proposing to build. This is invaluable for understanding your expected rental yields.
We work in your area
We work across every council area in Melbourne and the regional centres of Victoria. We complete several Property Development Assessments for our clients every week, so we have our finger firmly on the pulse.
Over the past three years, we have completed more than 500 Assessments across metropolitan Melbourne in: Port Phillip, Hobsons Bay, Moreland, Yarra, Melbourne, Darebin, Mornington Peninsula, Bayside, Wyndham, Brimbank, Casey, Whittlesea, Banyule, Kingston, Macedon, Manningham, Glen Eira, Moorabool, Cardinia, Yarra Ranges, Whitehorse, Geelong, Boroondara, Stonnington, Greater Dandenong, Hume, Maribyrnong, Casey, Maroondah, Knox, Mitchell, Moonee Valley, Nillumbik, Frankston, Warrnambool, and Monash.
If your property is in Victoria we can help.
All orders are 100% secure and we will contact you within 1 business day to confirm your order and any further information that is required for your assessment.