We regularly get asked by clients wanting to subdivide and develop their property:
We recommend a Property Development Assessment that helps you identify whether a project has an Excellent, Good or Marginal opportunity to proceed.
About the Property Development Assessment
The Property Development Assessment takes place at the commencement of a project - before you spend time and money on plans or drawings.
The Assessment takes into account the following factors of your proposed development:
- What type of development are you wanting to achieve?
- What is legally on Title that can be developed?
- Are there any encumbrances, covenants or caveats that might pose a problem?
- What does the Copy of Plan (of Subdivision) reveal about the subject site?
- What are the dimensions of the subject site boundaries?
- What orientation is the site and how might this factor into a proposed design?
- Are there any easements?
- What are the State and Local Planning Policies/Overlays that apply to the subject site?
- Has the local council identified any Neighbourhood Character guidelines that may be pertinent?
- Has the local council identified certain ‘zones’ that prefer the proposed development?
- Are services (electricity, plumbing, gas) located nearby or will extensions be required?
- Will other site assets (power lines, drain holes, fire hydrants etc) cause potential crossover issues?
- Where is/are the existing building/s located (if relevant)?
- What is the slope of the land?
- Presence of any significant trees or other features?
- Any potential planning issues with adjacent buildings?
- Does the building envelope support the potential development?
- Any precedent for development/subdivision in the neighbourhood?
A key feature of the PDA is the Property Development Feasibility that is included with every Property Development Assessment (PDA) we complete.
Our PDA now also features RPData on your property and suburb!
We have been working with RP Data, Australia’s #1 Property Information Service, to customise their RPData Professional Platform for use with our PDAs.
Our PDA includes three RPData reports:
- Valuation Report. This report will provide you with an automated valuation of your existing property based on comparable sales in the last 6 months. This is the same system used by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia!
- Market Analysis. This report will provide you with a market analysis of the future dwellings you propose to build based on comparable sales in the last 6 months within a 1km radius.
- Rental Analysis. This report will provide you with the rentals achieved within the last 6 months of comparable properties to the dwellings you are proposing to build. This is invaluable for understanding your expected rental yields.
We work in your area
We work across every council area in Melbourne and the regional centres of Victoria. We complete several Property Development Assessments for our clients every week, so we have our finger firmly on the pulse.
So far, in 2013 we have completed over 150 PDAs in Melbourne, Wyndham, Brimbank, Casey, Port Phillip, Whittlesea, Banyule, Kingston, Macedon, Hobsons Bay, Manningham, Glen Eira, Moorabool, Port Phillip, Moreland, Cardinia, Yarra Ranges, Whitehorse, Geelong, Mornington Peninsula, Bayside, Boroondara, Stonnington, Greater Dandenong, Hume, Maribyrnong, Casey, Maroondah, Knox, Mitchell, Moonee Valley, Nillumbik, Frankston, Warrnambool, Monash and Yarra.
If your property is in Melbourne, we can help!
What you get
The Property Development Assessment compiles the answers to these questions into a report summarised as:
- Recommendations. Recommended way forward given the four constraints listed above and how they uniquely apply to your site.
- Things to note. Summary of pertinent planning information regarding your site.
- Project Feasibility. This is a high level feasibility study for your project that use RPData and HIA industry build data. We consult with our Builders to ensure the construction estimates are accurate.
- Appendix. Important documentation including Title, Copy of Plan and Schedules/Neighbourhood Character docs where appropriate.
- Conclusion. The report concludes with a recommendation that your proposed development can proceed with a level of confidence that is:
- Excellent - Very likely to gain a planning permit from Council for development
- Good - Likely to gain a planning permit as long as identified risks are mitigated
- Marginal - Likely to be rejected for a planning permit
All orders are 100% secure and we will contact you within 1 business day to confirm your order and any further information that is required for your assessment.